Senior Health & Safety Advisor – Saskatoon, SK
ProconSAFE is an autonomous safety division within the Procon Group of Companies, a successful Canadian mining contractor. ProconSAFE was created to help Procon become “Best in Class in Safety” and functions alongside Procon’s operations group, providing strategic safety services, personnel, and direction.
ProconSAFE is actively searching for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to support Procon’s Industrial Division. This is a full-time position based out of our Saskatoon Industrial office. This position is Monday-Friday and requires frequent travel to our Industrial projects within Canada.
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor position reports directly to ProconSAFE’s Corporate Safety Department with dotted-line reporting to Procon Industrial’s Division Manager. The Health and Safety Advisor will perform their duties as a member of the Safety Department and Industrial Division and collaborate with other departments within the company to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Monitor site and facility conditions and behaviors to identify risks and provide leaders with input and recommendations to enhance safety performance;
- Conduct safety audits, employee task observations, formal and non-formal workplace inspections, and assist in the development of corrective action plans in consultation with project / department management;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adherence to all applicable legislation, standards and guidelines, and influence the adoption of standards when applicable;
- Conduct weekly reporting of Key Performance Indicators and work closely with the
- Provide in-house training to personnel on internal programs such as working at heights, incident investigation, behavioral based safety etc.
- Support the project and division in efforts to provide a safe and accident free workplace;
- Develop coaching relationships with division leadership team focused on helping them define and achieve their safety culture and continuously improve their safety performance. This includes the provision of ongoing feedback to these leaders;
- Lead by demonstrating the required behaviors, attitudes and mindset to further develop an already strong project safety culture;
- Facilitate and participate in the development and implementation of ProconSAFE’s safety program and objectives;
- Support as required for the return to work program as identified by ProconSAFE’s Corporate Safety Department;
- Compile and maintain records associated with the responsibilities of the position.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in the health and safety field in leadership capacity with underground construction mining experience;
- Professional certification is an asset;
- Post-secondary education in a relatable field or trade considered an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of safe work practices and in-depth experience in training, conducting incident analysis and writing technical reports;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization (management, employees, clients, vendors, etc.); Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build positive, lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Previous team lead, supervisory experience
- Ability to take initiative, to lead and motivate people;
- Ability to lead teams with minimal oversight
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Bilingual in French and English, written and verbal would be an asset;
- Strong leader who works well in team environments and is looking for growth opportunities;
- Able to travel; and
- Reside in Saskatoon
We thank all applicants that apply but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.