Senior Estimator, Underground – Burnaby, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations.
As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
The role of the Senior Estimator, Underground may be summarized as follows:
- Develop and assist in the creation of cost estimates, scoping studies and tender documents for underground mining projects.
The Senior Estimator, Underground will be a member of the Technical & Support Services team and is expected to assist in execution and development of the Estimating functions. Specific objectives are:
- Review specifications and documents from clients to prepare estimating packages
- Cost and complete estimates and documentation pertaining to proposals and bids, including Lump Sum, Time & Materials and Target Price projects.
- Utilizing appropriate software, completes take-offs, labour costing and other components in support of proposal development and bids.
- Apply principles of mine design with sound practices related to HSE regulations, as well all other legislation and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Understanding of mining documents, contract language, legal requirements and the ability to assist in mining document review
- Assess documents provided by client along with estimates to develop project schedules
- Post-Secondary education, diploma or degree in related field required.
- Eng certification or in the process of achieving same.
- Experience in underground mining
- Technical knowledge of modern mining methods, techniques and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced computer software skills including MS Office/Project/Access, AUTOCAD and estimating software
- Knowledge of Studio5 or other underground mining planning software.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and other Procon offices as required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Market-driven compensation
- Career Development
- Competitive Extended Health Care benefits
- RRSP plan
- Company sponsored events