Senior Contracts Administrator – Sparwood, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations.
As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Procon’s Industrial Division is currently seeking an experienced Senior Contract Administrator to join a dynamic project team. This is a rotational position (2 weeks on / 1 week off) based at our client’s site in Southern BC.
The role of the Senior Contract Administrator may be summarized as follows:
- Support project management by commercially administering all post award Construction contracts for the duration of the project
- Monitor and report on contractor actual performance against plan and forecast
- Interface with the Cost and Schedule team to support the monthly Progress Payment certificates
- Handle claims and disputes
- Manage the onsite Procurement activities, including site-based Purchase Request approvals
- Manage the formal Close Out of contracts
- Issue performance reports on appropriate daily, weekly and monthly intervals inclusive of safety, schedule, construction accomplishments and QA/QC and cost
- Organize and schedule all meetings pertaining to specific contracts
- Prepare agendas, meeting minutes and related records for contracts meetings; distribute the minutes of each meeting to the attendees; and maintain minutes in record files
- Compile and maintain correspondence files
- Monitor and expedite all requests for information (RFI), responses to RFI, field work instructions (FWI), design change instructions (DCI), change order requests (COR) and change orders
- Receive and review all contractor submittals of shop drawings, monthly progress drawdowns, construction claims and ensure backup information is complete (WCB clearance certificates, Statutory Declarations, Waivers of Lien, Notice of Project Completion)
- Make recommendation for final completion when all final documentation has been received
- Assist Document Control (DC) to ensure contractors receive all construction documents, updates, changes and collect as-built information and final closeout documents for each contract for turn-over to DC and client at completion of contract
- Receive and record all labor, material and equipment (LME) hours
- Perform other tasks as may be determined appropriate to this position
- Minimum of eight years of contracts administration experience on heavy industrial projects, preferably within a mining construction environment
- Familiarity with the formation of construction contracts including service and consultant agreements / contracts
- Ability to manage and administer pre and post award construction contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Familiar with unit price and lump sum contracts
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, including data base manipulation
- Experience with Prism and Prolog are considered an asset
- A commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none
This is a site based and rotational position, working 2 weeks at site with 1 week off. Depending on home location, travel to / from Sparwood will either be through Procon arranged flights or by mileage reimbursement. Accommodation support is also provided whilst at site.
We thank all candidates that apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.