Underground Mining Estimator – Burnaby, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling Ltd. is one of Canada’s Leading Contract Mining companies. The Underground Mining Estimator is a key role in the success of the company. Your contribution will be recognized to help grow the organization. Procon is looking at projects around the world. The position is based in our Head Office in Burnaby, BC but will take you all over the world helping our clients add value to their projects.
The role entails the following:
The role of the Underground Mining Estimator may be summarized as follows:
- Develop and assist in the creation of cost estimates, scoping studies and tender documents for underground mining projects.
The Estimator, Underground will be a member of the Technical & Support Services team, and is expected to assist in execution and development of the Estimating functions. Specific objectives are:
- Review specifications and documents from clients to prepare estimating packages
- Cost and complete estimates and documentation pertaining to proposals and bids, including Lump Sum, Time & Materials and Target Price projects.
- Utilizing appropriate software, completes take-offs, labour costing and other components in support of proposal development and bids.
- Apply principles of mine design with sound practices related to HSE regulations, as well all other legislation and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Understanding of mining documents, contract language, legal requirements and the ability to assist in mining document review
- Assess documents provided by client along with estimates to develop project schedules
- Post-Secondary education, diploma or degree in related field required.
- Eng certification or in the process of achieving same.
- Technical knowledge of modern mining methods, techniques and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced computer software skills including MS Office/Project/Access, AUTOCAD and estimating software
- Knowledge of Studio5 an asset.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and other Procon offices as required.