Payroll Specialist – Burnaby, BC
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a leading, privately held, Canadian mining contractor with projects across Canada. Procon has ambitious growth plans for 2018 and beyond. Procon specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist with a minimum of 5+ years experience, and familiar with ERP systems.
The role of the Payroll Specialist may be summarized as follows:
- Administer and process payroll for 600 to 700 union and non-union employees, bi-weekly
- Government reporting and calculations
- Benefit and Pension calculations and remittances
- Month end reconciliations and vacation accruals
- Reporting as required from Management group
- Yearend T4 production and reconciliation
- Respond to payroll queries from employees, management and external parties
- Special projects and ad hoc analyses
The Payroll Specialist is a key member of the Payroll team, and is expected to ensure consistency, accuracy, and delivery of semi-monthly payroll. Specific objectives are:
- To ensure payrolls are processed accurately, timely and completely.
- To compute related government and union dues remittances accurately and ensure filing is done on a timely basis.
- To manage garnishments and other payroll payments.
- To complete ROE and final payment calculations for terminated employees
- To provide Benefit and Pension calculations and remittances
- To ensure payroll posting are completed accurately and timely and that payroll related accounts are reconciled on a timely basis.
- To provide reporting as required by Management
- To ensure T4 forms and summaries are produced, reconciled and filed on a timely basis.
- To respond to payroll queries, internal and external, on a timely basis.
- To liaise with SAP consultant to ensure payroll module is functioning as intended and to complete required testing before the roll out of payroll related system changes.
- To complete special projects and ad hoc analyses as required.
- Certified Canadian Payroll Designation (PCP, CPM)
- 5 or more years payroll experience with solid systems and payroll process knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure.
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with unionized, multi-province environments
- Experience with interpretation of collective agreements