HR Business Partner
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a leading, privately held, Canadian mining contractor with projects across Canada. Procon has ambitious growth plans for 2018 and beyond. Procon specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects.
The role of the HR Business Partner may be summarized as follows:
- To ensure all employee communication and administration is completed and accurately processed.
- HR Contact for employees in client group
- Support for managers and employees in client group
- Manage employee data and update any changes in SAP (ERP system)
- Ensure successful onboarding for field and internal positions
The HR Business Partner is a key member of the Human Resources team, and is expected to provide HR fundamentals and recruitment within the Human Resources department as well as support the payroll team.
Specific objectives are:
- First point of contact for all HR related queries for managers and employees in client group
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Liaise with authorized persons and organizations such as first nations partners, professional organizations, disability management professionals
- Liaise regularly with project management teams on upcoming human resource requirements
- Advise management on all human resource issues
- Assist in entering data into HRIS (SAP) including new hires, transfers, re-hires, position, rate changes, and job set-up
- Manage the recruitment process, for client groups as well as overflow and backup for other project, job descriptions, posting ads, arranging career events, screening candidates, setting up interviews, reference checking, completing offers and other supporting documentation
- Communicate effectively with HR staff, managers, site superintendents, and employees.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all onboarding forms
- Attend job fairs and employee interaction within different communities
- Assist in administering Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims for client groups when needed
- Managing adhoc projects
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel across Canada and worldwide as needed to develop and grow the business and support the work
- Assisting managers with labour relations
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in an organized fashion.
- General knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be a key advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter.
- Minimum four years in Human Resources, mining or construction industry preferred.
- Human Resources professional or working towards CHRP
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a unionized setting is preferred
- Previous experience in one of the following areas would be preferred; learning and development, labour relations, compensation and benefits, and performance management
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Resume and Cover Letter by visiting www.procongroup.net/careers or by sending your resume to ten.p1512614894uorgn1512614894ocorp1512614894@sboj1512614894.
We thank all candidates that apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.