General Manager – Industrial Division
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a successful privately held Canadian mining contractor with projects across Canada. Procon has ambitious growth plans for 2018 and beyond. Procon specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects.
Procon is currently seeking a General Manager to lead and manage its Industrial Division which is based in Saskatoon, SK.
The General Manager’s primary responsibility will be the P&L of the Industrial Division. He or she will lead and coordinate all activities related to Procon’s Industrial Division, which includes projects and infrastructure construction services to the mining industry, such as shaft installations, mine rehabilitation work and underground civil, mechanical and electrical construction.
The General Manager, Industrial Division is responsible for managing the following aspects of Procon’s business:
- Prepare and monitor performance against divisional operating budgets and profitability targets.
- Manage the Industrial Division team providing effective leadership to ensure a high quality of service is provided to Procon’s clients.
- Develop a strong and robust safety culture amongst our team.
- Be the “face” of the Industrial Division with our clients, regulators, and business partners while providing the direction and vision to grow the business.
- Develop the people within the division to be a high functioning and multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide direction and support to the field projects with innovation and continuous improvement in mind.
- Maintain an open dialogue with customers and travel to projects on a regular basis to maintain key client relationships and be proactive in dealing with any performance concerns.
- Oversee and monitor the mobilization of resources for new projects and ensuring that activities are coordinated in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Maintain an excellent line of communication with the corporate office and Equipment Division to ensure business objectives are being met.
- Oversee logistics, contracts and project procurement/capital expenditure as it pertains to Industrial Division projects.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and internal reporting requirements are met.
- A minimum of 15 years of management or project experience in the mining industry including general management and P&L responsibilities is essential. Specific experience in the mining contracting business as well as underground mining is highly desired.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project and office management skills.
- A positive ‘can-do’ personality with above average communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Registered Professional Engineer in a related discipline preferred.
- Experience in mine construction in potash or uranium would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of industry best practices, codes, standards and procedures.
- Able to travel regularly for periods of one week or longer to support project requirements and business development activities.
We thank all applicants that apply, but please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.