Construction Manager – Saskatoon, SK
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a leading, privately held, Canadian mining contractor with projects across Canada. Procon has ambitious growth plans for 2018 and beyond. Procon specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects.
Procon is currently seeking a Construction Manager to manage underground and surface mining related projects in its Industrial Division, which is based in Saskatoon, SK.
As Construction Manager you will be the key management employee responsible for the planning and day-to-day operations of mine related construction projects within the Industrial Division. You will provide technical and operational direction to Project Superintendents and Construction Engineers and be a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors and suppliers. As Construction Manager, you will ensure appropriate staffing levels and provides supervision and guidance to site employees. Typical projects include shaft installations, mine rehabilitation work and underground civil, mechanical and electrical construction.
The Construction Manager, Industrial Division is responsible for the following:
- Ensures construction operations are well organized, coordinated and comply with client and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures projects meet budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a continuous basis and participates in project reviews and forecasting.
- Ensures strict adherence to all safety programs and policies.
- Analyzes technical construction issues and develops appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates all resource requirements for projects including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and employees.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of qualified employees.
- Supervises personnel and addresses staff development requirements including assessing performance and identifying training needs.
- Manages the mobilization of resources for new projects and ensuring that activities are coordinated in an efficient and timely fashion.
- 12- 15+ years of underground mine related construction experience as a Construction Manager or similar direct supervisory role.
- Technical Diploma, Journeyman Trade Certificate, Engineering Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building a strong safety culture
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and previous mine shaft construction experience is an asset.
- Experience in civil/mechanical/electrical/structural construction.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project safety, quality, schedule, and budget
- Strong foundation in project management, contracts and the execution of projects from the estimating stage through construction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule. Able to influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivation, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication (written, and verbal) and computer skills are critical. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook with ability to use scheduling software.
- The position is in Saskatoon, SK, and the successful candidate must be able to travel regularly for periods of one week or longer to support project requirements.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Resume and Cover Letter by visiting www.procongroup.net/careers or by sending your resume to ten.p1516119441uorgn1516119441ocorp1516119441@sboj1516119441.
We thank all candidates that apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.