Communication and Social Media Coordinator
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a leading privately held, Canadian mining contractor with projects across Canada. Procon has ambitious growth plans for 2018 and beyond. Procon specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects.
Procon is currently seeking a Communications and Social Media Coordinator to join our team in Head Office (Burnaby, BC).
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for providing professional communications expertise and services in the development and implementation of integrated internal and external communications initiatives.
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Providing support to strengthen the understanding and alignment of the Company’s vision and mission in cultivating the brand and culture.
- Creating and implementing integrated communications strategies and campaigns both internally and externally via social media outlets.
- Working closely with the Executive team to develop and implement Company engagement and communication tools and initiatives.
- Management of the Company website and intranet site. Creating and maintaining of all social media outlets that the company utilizes.
- Development of marketing and business development collateral including all company branded templates, project proposals templates, project database, project resumes, creation and management of personnel resumes.
- Management with the branch assistance on all Company branded items to ensure Corporate Identity guidelines, brand messaging, value creation and communication strategies is consistent with the Company guidelines and Corporate Message.
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
- A Degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism coupled with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the construction industry or in a professional services environment.
- An ability to think from the audience perspective, and tailor messages in the best interests of each audience
- Impeccable research, writing, editing, presentation, and conversational skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of communications strategies, project management, corporate storytelling, writing and editing, media relations, internal communications, and digital media
- Understanding of, and experience with, traditional and non-traditional media from major outlets to niche publications and existing and emerging digital media platforms
- An ability to work closely and communicate comfortably and effectively with diverse audiences throughout the organization as well as externally
- An ability to follow online communications and social media trends and technologies and be digitally savvy
- Proven experience in strategic communications planning and implementation, in addition to project coordination/management
- Outstanding organizational skills with an attention towards details and interpersonal abilities
- Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
- Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
- Exposure to construction, engineering or technical environment is a definite asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, interpret needs, and identify solutions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel across Canada and worldwide as needed to develop and grow the business and support the work
- Multiple language skills would be considered an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Resume and Cover Letter by visiting www.procongroup.net/careers or by sending your resume to ten.p1512610139uorgn1512610139ocorp1512610139@sboj1512610139.
We thank all candidates that apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.