Business Development Manager
Procon Mining & Tunnelling Ltd. (Procon) is a successful Canadian mining contractor with job sites across Canada. We specialize in above-ground infrastructure, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and construction. We are privately held and have an ambitious growth plan for 2017 and beyond.
The Manager, Business Development is a key member of the Management Team and has overall responsibility for all facets of business development, including client development and relationship management, proposals, conference participation, marketing and branding.
This is a vital role in an established contracting business that is committed to grow and diversify its capabilities to better serve an evolving mining sector marketplace. There will be latitude to re-structure the business development and marketing functions to grow the business and meet ambitious short and long term strategic targets.
We desire a driven and creative leader who will embrace the opportunity to build a successful and scalable contracting business, leveraging a well-established and respected ‘brand’, serving both domestic and international markets, from a corporate office base in Vancouver.
Manager, Business Development will co-ordinate a multi-functional team that will source, develop, propose and land projects in our various geographic territories and lines of business. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Seek out and source new clients and projects by developing networks and relevant resources for sales and BD, across Canada, in the USA and internationally.
- Build and develop the BD team to ensure best in class performance.
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers as well as internal and external stakeholders to promote and build Procon’s brand, reputation and market presence.
- Lead the BD team, from sourcing through proposals and contract negotiation, working collaboratively with the Technical & Support Services teams, as well as Operations and Finance as needed.
- Achieve revenue, project and other targets to ensure budgeted revenue and other KPIs are met on a quarterly and annual basis, as well as longer term goals in the 5-year strategic plan.
- Support the development and maintenance of First Nations’ and complimentary business relationships that will ultimately expand, diversify, and solidify our market share and performance.
- Lead the expansion of our BD activities to diversify our commodity and geographic reach.
- Working with the CEO, develop ‘zippering plans’ for key strategic clients and manage the involvement of the company’s executive management team in the execution of these plans.
- support the development strong client relationships, ensuring open communication and solid opportunities for inclusion on bid lists and development of sole source work.
- Develop a best in class BD team, covering all geography and lines of business, ensuring training, succession and future growth.
- Plan and manage Procon’s participation in a variety of global and regional mining conferences.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of increasingly senior experience in the mining industry – preferably in the contracting business, with advanced knowledge and experience in business development and stakeholder management.
- Post-Secondary degree in Mining/Construction/Engineering or related fields. Additional education in business or executive development training is an asset.
- A demonstrated track record of building high functioning teams.
- Knowledge of ERP and other business management systems would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing, and providing solutions to complex business problems.
- An organized and strategic thinker with good listening skills and a pleasant/trustworthy personality.
- Advanced leadership, management and communication skills, across a broad array of departments.
- Expert level Business development and client service relationship experience, demonstrated relationship builder.
- A passion for monitoring and identifying trends in the global mining sector and adapting the business to accommodate and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel across Canada and worldwide as needed to develop and grow the business and support the work.
- Multiple language skills would be considered as asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Resume and Cover Letter by visiting www.procongroup.net/careers or by sending your resume to ten.p1510873992uorgn1510873992ocorp1510873992@sboj1510873992.
We thank all candidates that apply, however please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.